You may have noticed that kayaks are one of the favorite choice for the recreational water activities. This could be because not only can you kayak solo but you can go on a 2 person kayak in tandem as well. The benefits of a 2-person kayaks give you the ability to have fun out on the water with a friend or family member. And here, are some varieties of the 2-person kayaks that are out on the market along with their features.
- It weighs approximately 30.60 pounds,which is considerably light.
- This kayak is a snap to assemble and has excellent stability.
- You’ll enjoy the adjustable inflatable seat with backrest.
- Heavy duty puncture- resistant vinyl that has multiple air chambers.
- Weight Capacity of 400 pounds.
- Pump that permits easy inflation and deflation which is an Intex pump.
- A removable skeg that offers directional stability.
- Accessories include two 86″ aluminum oars
Originating from the Brooklyn Kayak Company, the TK219 boasts being ranked the best 2-person kayak (tandem kayak). You can see that it’s success behind its fame is due to being able to hold a number of modern tech items for a tandem kayak. Excellent for kayak fishing. Check out it’s list of features.
- Net weight 68 pounds.
- 4 flush mounted rod holders along with 2 adjustable holders. Great for fishing gear.
- Back peddler
- Waterproof storage-Great spots to safely store wallets and phones.
- Huge gear vestibule for plentiful deck lashing.
- Two soft padded comfort kayak seats.
- 12.2 Foot long body designed for stability
- Double water-tight hatches in the front and rear.
- Bungee cords to keep your paddle firmly in place.
- Max load of 440 pounds
Some Benefits of Having a Double Kayak
Kayaking with a buddy- This allows you to go out one the water and have a friend with you. You can make it a romantic night time kayak trip and watch the sun set or see the moonlight on the water. There are even tours that take place after sunset,
Weight loss – The average person could potentially burn approx. 350-400 calories per hour, paddling at about 5mph. But this will depend on your body weight and your size.Regular outings on the water could contribute to a significant decrease in body fat overtime, of course other aspects must be taken into consideration, such as diet and rest, etc. There are a lot of muscles that are put into use when you are paddling. This is a great total body workout, from your arms, upper-back, shoulders legs and of course your stomach. As much as you have to move the paddle your arms and shoulders are getting a great work out and generating the power to move the kayak forward.
It has been said that you’ll complete approx 500 strokes per mile. With regular outings on the water can have a positive effect on your upper body. And if your in a tandem kayak this is a great way to work out with a friend.
Stress reduction – Trailing through the water on a kayak, using one’s muscles as the propelling force could be a great cure for a stressful job, hectic schedules, and life in general. Just the sound of the water, a bird flying by or even observing nature as it passes by, can be a stress release. The sound of the water tinkling around you helps relax a person which leads to stress reduction.
Clear your mind– When you perform aerobic exercises, which kayaking is, you release endorphins, dopamine, serotonin and other brain chemicals. These chemicals contribute to you being in a good mood, feeling confident and other positive responses in your body.
Social glue – This is a fantastic way to bring people together, whether it’s a vacation, or just a great time to hang out. You can take a group trip where multiple people are in a 2 person kayak. For instance how about a bioluminescence kayak tour for a group where you get to go kayaking at night and see the water shimmer and glow?
Double kayaks bring a number of benefits to you. Weather you just want to work out with a friend, or have room to bring your dog kayaking and have room for him or her,this can be a great experience. A 2 person kayak can also bring weight loss, full body workout, stress reduction, a clear mind, social outlet are just a few.