Kayaking is an incredibly versatile, fun and sociable way to explore the natural waterways of our beautiful planet and there’s no better way to do so than with your RV! With an RV you can travel and stay at any beautiful waterside location, and with a kayak storage rack on your roof you can access the water in a way that you could never achieve on foot.
Traveling with an RV
The best way to travel nowadays is by RV. You can see the world and bring all the comforts of home with you.When you go on vacation, or even just a short weekend with your RV, you open up a universe of possibilities. You can save money on accommodation, but you’ll have the opportunity to stay anywhere you like and while you’re there, experience the joy of kayaking on the rivers, ocean or lakes that you find along the way.
Traveling with your kayak on the roof rack of your RV is a great way to bond with friends or family, spend time outdoors in luxury and helps you connect with the amazing natural world around you. Just think you find a great location to park your RV and now your in luck there is a river or lake there too. Unhook the kayak and an another adventure awaits you
Kayaking surprising benefits
There are surprising benefits Kayaking that effect your health and overall quality of life. It is a fun way to spend some quality time with your travel companions and adds a whole new dimension of adventure to your trip while being a great cardiovascular workout at the same time!
- Kayaking helps you to reduce your stress levels. Research has shown that mild to moderate exercise in the outdoors can have a fantastic effect on your levels of stress and bring you lasting relaxation.
- If you are looking to lose some weight, then kayaking is one of the most pleasant and fun ways to do so. Kayaking burns away those calories at a comparable rate to any other form of exercise while giving you the option of deciding your own rates of work out.
- There’s nothing like getting out on the water to release the inner explorer in you while you traverse otherwise impossible places to reach. So, bring your camera to capture unique views and unforgettable group photos!
- While you are out in the fresh air your body will be topping up on Vitamin D which is an essential part of good overall health that will boost your immune system and keep your body in good shape.
- Taking some time on the water in a kayak is an easy way to improve your upper body strength while enjoying yourself and reconnecting with nature.
What types of Storage Racks
Have you wondered which storage rack is best for your RV? Here are the two main types of RV kayak storage racks that you can use. They are extremely safe and reliable and the one that you chose will depend on your own preferences.
You can choose a J-style rack which is placed on the roof of your vehicle and is very commonly in use, particularly on smaller RVs. This can hold several kayaks at once and when you have secured the kayaks, they will remain safe throughout your journey.
There is also the Saddle rack which is better for larger vehicles. It holds the kayaks on the side or back of the vehicle meaning that you don’t have to reach up to the roof to access them. This is often the preferred choice for larger RVs however either kind of rack will get your kayak from A to B!
Amazing New Options
Using a storage rack for your kayak can give you new options for your trip. And yes, we all love our RVs, and when you take it to the next level and add a kayak storage rack to the adventure then you open up huge new opportunities. Kayaking will not only improve your health, but it will allow you to create lifelong bonds with your friends and family while you enjoy the amazing sights of the natural world, we are blessed to surround us!
While you are on an RV journey having the option of bringing your kayak with you will massively improve your trip. Whether you are with friends or family, no RV is complete without a kayak storage rack!
*We may earn a commission for purchases made using our links. Please see our disclosure to learn more.